Friday, July 07, 2006

Typical Outdoor Entertainment on Zhong Zhang Da Jie (Main St)


On my way to work I go along main street which is a main tourist spot and hangout for the locals. There is a lot of free entertainment and one day at the outdoor market spot there was a local rock band. Rock has a rather different sound in Mandarin!

Here the band was playing at one of my eating spots where I have to just point at something and hope its edible. One time I got a dish of cold noodles which seemed harmless enough but it was so spicy my mouth felt like it was on fire.

One of the other foreign teachers told me that there will be a two week beer festival coming soon. Too bad I don’t drink! At one of the supermarkets near my place a can of Chinese beer is around C$0.30/can

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home