Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blog June 26, 2006

Here is my adventure today, my day off. It’s tough to drag myself out of bed but I usually go for a long slow walk. I grab a bite to eat for breakfast and try to discover more on foot. Usually there is a visit to the local DVD store where I pick up 4-6 DVDs (daily!) and then I go out for dinner again.

The Morning Show














My walk to work takes me on the main street of the Daoli district, but its not the main street of Harbin by any means.

Today’s show was a big public display of government accomplishments with a taped video show, and posters. T-shirts were also being given away.

Musical Support













The display was suddenly supported by a military marching band. In the background is the central mall of Harbin.

The welcome message is also in English and Russian(!)




Mmmmm- Delicious Bakery















There is a little food court/market on the corner of my street and main street where I get my breakfast food.

I’ve found that bakeries are a serious affair with many ‘watch the cooks work’ type displays where you can watch very intricate creations.

My favorite breakfast food is a 2 RMB (C$0.30) wrap with egg/sausage/hash brown potatoes and vegetables.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home