Friday, June 23, 2006

Whew I'm not Crazy!-Energy Conservation

I thought I had lost my mind. Sometimes my stairwell is not lit and
then other days there is dim emergency lighting. Now I have discovered a
clever little secret about Chinese buildings. They have sound activated
internal corridor lights!



Traffic control is cute too:

Traffic lights at major intersections have digital displays showing how many seconds until the lights change. Also there are traffic police with red flags and whistles to signal the right of way. The catch is that pedestrians jaywalk when ever it suits them and cars in the intersection just keep going even when pedestrians are crossing. Both pedestrians and cars seem to ignore each other but no accidents happen.



Speeding is not really a problem. Everyone is going at a reasonable speed. However, indiscriminate lane changing, cutting off other vehicles, dodging jaywalkers is all part of the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home