Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Night Market Dinner


Today I went for dinner in an open air night market by the river and had tasty beef noodles for 5RMBs(Less than C$1). There was a little crowd of vendors following me trying to get me to try their dishes when they realized I was a foreigner. I was lucky one of my teaching assistants was with me to explain what was going on to me.

The noodle dish was served on a plastic plate wrapped in an inside-out plastic bag for hygiene (!).

I also sampled shish kabobs of beef, lamb and chicken (not so good); and barbecued fish (very tasty). These were spicy foods and only the fish was good.

This market was a place only frequented by the locals so I got a good idea of what life in China was all about.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home