Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sofia Church


Today’s walk took me to beautiful Sofia Church. I explored the shopping malls nearby too and managed to overpay handsomely for an umbrella (90RMBs-C$15). I thought the price sounded a bit high, but after hunting around for a men’s umbrella for a few days, I just did not have the sense to start bargaining and just said ’OK’ like a typical dopey tourist.

The Chinese shopping mall sometime resembles a bazaar or market that stretches out to many floors. There are many (hundreds?) of little booths where vendors cram as many things as they can into their small areas.

The most popular products seem to be women’s cloths. I managed to stumble into a whole basement of cellphone vendors in one mall. Each booth was about 6x6 feet-enough for a display case and a chair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home